Friday, July 8, 2011

Antique Sewing Machine and Lamp


This photograph was taken in the guest room of my home. Over many years I've collected vintage treasures to decorate this room. This is a few of the items I've collected. As you can see, there is a wonderful, antique sewing machine I've utilized as a display for my gorgeous lamp and linens. On the left you see a antique damask towel with turkey red embroidery of a brush and comb. Beside it, I've placed a silver plated comb, brush and mirror to match the linen. There is an art deco style mirror embroidered on the back side of the towel. Believe it or not, the lace piece on the right is a vest! It's filet lace with fringe and a monogrammed M. I also have pearl hair combs and a perfume bottle my Mom gave to me. The little sewing machine displayed on the treadle holds vintage spools of thread. How adorable! I found the lamp at a local yard sale for only $10.00. All of these items were wonderful finds.

1 comment:

(Karen) Lisa Daley said...

How beautiful Chrissy! What a find on the lamp - I love everything!!